Who we are
JewishCare is a not for profit organisation classed as a Public Benevolent Institution, endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient.
According to its Constitution it is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by the members.
What we doJewishCare's Mission is support and strengthen the resilience and independence of community members in need.
The four service areas of JewishCare are:
- Child and Family Services which includes Domestic Violence programs
- Mental Health programs
- Disability Services
- Community Aged Services which helps older members of the community to live in their own homes.
JewishCare offers over 25 programs which help 4,000 people each year.
We support people by :
- Giving information, advice and referrals based on assessment and planning
- Providing practical support and assistance
- Helping people acquire skills to deal with the challenges they face
- Developing and building social connections
Staff and Volunteers
There are around 160 staff and over 600 volunteers
Staff numbers by team are:
Child, Family 20
Community Aged 70
JewishCare has an annual Business Plan which documents what will be achieved in the next twelve month period.
There is also a Strategic Plan which has a longer term perspective from 2009 to 2012.