JewishCare offers a number of Home Support options.
The Conference on Jewish Material Claims against Germany (Claims Conference) or the Jewish Community Appeal (JCA) provide individualised supports aimed at helping older people to live independently in their own homes.
Low to Medium support needs
An older person assessed as having low to medium support needs may be able to receive a range of flexible services that include
Light housework and domestic cleaning
Meal preparation. COA can be contacted for Kosher Meals on Wheels . http://www.coasydney.org
Transport to appointments
Showering and dressing
Socialising and companionship
Respite for carers
Advocacy and liaising with other service providers
Access to wider range of JewishCare services.
Russian, Polish or Hungarian speakers can be provided on request.
Anyone can make a referral and confidentiality is assured.
If you are making a referral on behalf of someone else be sure to seek their consent before doing so.
A waiting list for Home Support services may exist and we cannot make any guarantees regarding waiting periods.
To enquire about entry into this program call FirstCall on 1300 133 660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It may also be of value to a person:
- With dementia or challenging behaviours who requires extra support
- Who is feeling isolated as a result of their stage of life or disability or mental state
- Being discharged from hospital and where an existing family member who has previously acted as a carer is either temporarily absent or is now unable to continue to provide the appropriate level of care
- Waiting for a funded package to become available
The program may also be suitable for families who have members with a severe illness and require extra support.
The program can also be used to provide respite for a carer.
This service can be provided in the person’s own home or in a residential facility.
The type of support that can be provided by care workers is typically similar to those provided under Funded Packages of Home Support (see above).
There are two types of fees payable for the Care Worker Placement program.
• A one-off placement fee which is payable to JewishCare
• Fees payable directly to the care worker
Please discuss these with the program co-ordinator
To enquire about entry into this program call FirstCall on 1300 133 660 or email@example.com -