WHO WE ARE
JewishCare is a not for profit organisation classed as a Public Benevolent Institution, endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient.
According to its Constitution it is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by the members.
WHAT WE DO
JewishCare’s Mission is to support and strengthen the resilience and independence of community members in need.
OUR FOUR SERVICES AREAS
- Child and Family Services which includes Domestic Violence programs
- Mental Health programs
- Disability Services
- Community Aged Services which helps older members of the community to live in their own homes.
STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS
There are approximately 300 staff and over 500 volunteers that make up the team at JewishCare working across our four service areas.
JewishCare has an annual Business Plan which details what will be achieved each year.
There is also a Strategic Plan which has a longer term perspective from 2020-2025.
JewishCare offers over 25 programs which help 4,000 people each year.
We support people by :
- Giving information, advice and referrals based on assessment and planning
- Providing practical support and assistance
- Helping people acquire skills to deal with the challenges they face
- Developing and building social connections
- Enhancing community awareness and education