JewishCare is supporting people with a disability living:
- With their families in the family home
- In a self contained flat near the family home
- In a group home with 2-3 other residents – including one owned by a family
- In public housing which costs 25% of the pension
- In private rental properties subsidised by individuals and families.
What JewishCare is planning for the future
As part of life planning and goal setting we have compiled information on some of the housing options people are considering and what are the critical considerations for them. Download our Living Well Moving On brochure here.
We have partnered with Enabled Housing to enable people to live independently with co-residents.
“I don’t know what we would do without JewishCare. They are so caring and efficient as well as being flexible.”Stella Wolfgang’s daughter Maryla
“As our needs have increased so has JewishCare’s help. Without JewishCare’s wonderful caring staff we would be in a home for the aged for sure.”Charles Solomon