WHAT IS SEXUAL ASSAULT?
Sexual assault is any unwanted sexual behaviour that makes a person feel uncomfortable, threatened or scared. This includes
- Rape: forced, unwanted sex or sexual acts.
- Child sexual abuse: using power over a child to involve that child in sexual activity.
- Indecent assault: indecent behaviour before, during or after an assault.
- Manipulation and pressure to make someone engage in sexual behaviour
- Video or taking sexual images without consent and/or using them to intimidate and control another person
- Indecent exposure
- Sexual harassment
A QUICK AND EFFECTIVE EXPLANATION ON CONSENT
The short video tea and consent has been a valuable resource for schools and counsellors and has received acclaim for succinctly explaining the issue – click here to view.
EFFECTIVE CAMPAIGNS THAT SPEAK UP FOR VICTIMS
#letherspeak – click here
#teachusconsent – click here
- Laws (awaiting content from DV team)