The program offers support to community members who have been charged with a crime (and their families) in NSW.
- Support for offenders and their family
- Support to families and inmates adjusting and transitioning through the prison system
- Visits from JewishCare professionals in the Sydney Metropolitan area
- Volunteer visiting or letter writing to isolated inmates through JewishCare
- Case management and advocacy for prisoners and their families
- Written correspondence between inmates and JewishCare staff
- Yom Tov parcels and the weekly provision of Australian Jewish News to inmates.
- Supporting the prisoner and their family as they transition into the community
- JewishCare works on a pre-release plan with Corrective Services
The aim of the program is to link inmates with the Jewish community with the goal of reducing recidivism.
JewishCare is in regular communication with Department of Corrective Services regarding needs of Jewish inmates.